About the Camp
We're going back in time this year during our spring break youth camp. We're putting down our cell phones, going outside, and taking an immersive experience into what "Old Florida" was, and where remnants of it still exist today.
This camp is open to students ages 5-15, and will include daily trips to rural Bradford County, Fla., to learn:
- Primitive weapon making, structure building, and archery training
- Hands-on permaculture gardening and native Florida foodscapes education
- Learning about forestry and dendrology, and ecology of north Florida watersheds
- Visiting an "Old Florida" grazing-based cattle ranch
- Practicing heritage life skills, including canning and outdoor food prep
Overview of Schedule
- Parents may drop students off at our academy at 4000 W Newberry Road between 8 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. each day. We recommend making sure your child eats a hearty breakfast!
- We'll load up the students in our commercial 15-passenger van at 9 a.m. and drive 30 minutes north of Gainesville to our family farm, where students will engage in a variety of outdoor experiential activities until 3:30 p.m.
- At 3:30 p.m., we will drive the students back into town in time for them to change out for regular martial arts classes from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. each day.
- Outdoor education curriculum developed by Mat Life Foundation, Inc., and directed by Carly Dodd, M.S. in agricultural education and communication. She has a decade of experience teaching youth life skills, and agricultural and environmental education, especially in a camp setting.
- Archery taught by Harrison Taylor, apprentice instructor at Global MMA Academy.
- Martial arts instruction by Global MMA Academy.
Fill Out This Quick Form to Secure Your Child's Spot!
You'll be contacted by a member of our team within 1 business day to finalize your registration.
Drop Off Location
Global Mixed Martial Arts Academy
4000 W Newberry Road, Suites F/G
Gainesville, FL 32607
We're located on Newberry Road between 34th and 43rd streets, just a short distance from campus and the Oaks Mall. You'll find us in a small plaza with plenty of parking.
Pricing and Notes
- Global MMA Academy students who are enrolled in after school: $225
- Global MMA Academy students who are not enrolled in after school: $250
- Students who are not enrolled in any Global MMA Academy program, who will not stay for afternoon classes past 4 p.m.: $295
- Students who are not enrolled in any Global MMA Academy program, who will stay for afternoon classes past 4 p.m.: $340
We do not have half-day options due to the immersive nature of this camp. Parents are welcome to meet us at the farm for all or part of the day. We ask that campers bring rubber boots or shoes that can get muddy, a bathing suit, change of clothes, and a towel.